Information Technology Officer
20 Irving Street
Worcester, MA 01609
The Information Technology (IT) Department supports:
- Over 7,500 computers and over 3,000 iPads
- 53 locations
- 25,000 students
- 3,900 staff
- 75 servers including file, domain, and backup servers
- District website with a content management system allowing schools, teachers, and administrators to modify their website
- Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) testing held 3 times per year at all schools
- Hosted email services for WPS employees
- Internally developed and maintained student and employee information systems
- Data analyst services providing data for research and evaluation purposes
This is all done with 8 computer technicians, 3 networking staff, 2 information systems staff, 1 data analyst, 1 web programmer, 1 information systems trainer, and 1 webmaster.
The district has leased 7,400 Dell Optiplex computers. We provide anti-virus protection for all computers, CIPA complaint web filtering, email archiving, backup data protection, fiber wide area connectivity to all 53 sites, and a 5Gbps internet connection.
Community Internet Access
Free Internet access is available to all students after the normal school day at all Worcester public libraries. Hours and directions can be found at Worcester Public Library website.
School and District Profiles
- School and district data reported to the MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education